At AIMS International Malta we cater for all levels of accounting vacancies, from entry level to C-Suite and can assist in your search of Finance Manager or Financial Controller jobs in Malta.
Depending on the industry, company and role, the duties of a Financial Manager / Financial Controller may differ however they are to be considered as a lead financial role required to oversee and communicate risks and appropriate mitigations to senior management. See our example basic job description below for Finance Manager or Financial Controller Jobs in Malta:
- Collating, preparing and interpreting - Accounts, Financial Statements, Reports and Budgets.
- Strategic analysis & strategic planning with the board / senior management.
- Interpreting the business to produce long-term business plans.
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure.
- Reviewing and Managing budgets.
- Reviewing financial systems, developing and implementing when necessary.
- Carrying out business modeling and risk assessments.
- Managing a team, typically being point of contact for accountancy * finance professionals.
- Managing KPIs for the team, ensuring all deliverables are met - training, coaching and mentoring when necessary.
- Performance reviews.
Job Requirements for Finance Manager Financial Controller Jobs in Malta
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, etc.), although Accountants who are qualified by experience (QBE) with significant experience may be considered.
- Experience in direct staff management would be extremely beneficial, with a strong ability to engage colleagues.
- Expert knowledge of accounting procedures and accounting standards.
- Have a commercial mindset - comfortable adopting in response to emerging challenges.
What do you need to be considered for Finance Manager / Financial Controller jobs in Malta?
Employers in Malta will look at candidates with an accounting qualification paired with significant experience in a similar role. Operating in a lead finance role, you will need to be comfortable presenting to the board - this ability is reflected through your interview process from as early as your CV and through your preparation for the interview.
This role could otherwise be known as Head of Finance, Financial Manager, Deputy Financial Controller, Head of Accounts, Accounting Manager, or Assistant Finance Manager.
We recruit for all types of Finance Manager and Financial Controller Jobs in Malta. We can assist clients in sourcing top level candidates for their Finance Manager or Financial Controller Jobs in Malta or assist candidates seeking that next role on their career pathway.
Check out these other accounting jobs in Malta: